15.7.09

Jean-Marc Fabre: Observations of American vs French Crews

From American Cinematographer, Sword Pen & Family by Eric Rudolph (October 1998)

Fabre had never worked in the States before and found the American crew

"...very skillful and professional, but less emotionally involved with the film than a typical French crew. I think I prefer the French approach, but we had a good experience. They taught me a lot and I think I taught them some things as well... In France we do not have a key grip who works with flags and diffusion; the electricians handle that. Having the extra pair of hands enabled me to have greater control over the light."

- Jean-Marc Fabre

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always open to relevant, professional feedback, opinions and critical critique.

go raibh maith agat!

-Ryan