11.5.09

Denis Lenoir: Cinematographer or Cook?

"On a film set, I think of myself as a cook. With its own minor notes and surprising harmonies, the sauce I make concurs to the taste of the movie and brings out the story and the actors. Three extra grains or too little spice can change the experience of the people eating the meal. I love to cook, and when I do, I want to start with the best ingredients. If you leave something out of the recipe so you can cook faster or easier, it's probably not going to taste the same. Cinematography and cooking are sensual experiences. They are part art and part science, part tradition and part innovation. Whether I am cooking or part of a team creating a movie, I love improvising under pressure."

- Denis Lenoir ASC, AFC

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always open to relevant, professional feedback, opinions and critical critique.

go raibh maith agat!

-Ryan