14.5.09

Adrian Biddle: Moonlight Approach

From American Cinematographer, Paging 007 by Ron Magid (December 1999)

Cool blue moonlight proved to be an important source elsewhere in the film, though, and Biddle generally creates his version of this lighting effect though some basic timing work. He details,

"I don't particularly like the blue color of HMIs, so instead of using one of those, I'll use a tungsten source for the moonlight, and then warm up my interior lights with some sort of CTO for [temperature] contrast. I then have the lab to print the scene for normal skin tones, which makes my tungsten moonlight key go slightly cold."

- Adrian Biddle, BSC

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always open to relevant, professional feedback, opinions and critical critique.

go raibh maith agat!

-Ryan