12.5.09

Peter Suschitzky: Lighting Approach

From American Cinematographer, Flesh for Fantasy by Eric Rudolph (May 1999)

"I don't have a game plan for lighting, and I don't believe in drawing lighting diagrams. If my work is any good at all, I think it is because I work instinctively. If I end up with a forest of flags and bars, it is something that evolves as we're setting up the shot, and it's part of an instinctive need to introduce some shadows and shape into the light. My lighting is simple in that I try to limit the use of multiple sources and fill, but I like shadows. Without shadows, one doesn't appreciate the light."

- Peter Suschitzky, BSC

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always open to relevant, professional feedback, opinions and critical critique.

go raibh maith agat!

-Ryan